Re: [Tigers] Map Lights

To: <garywinblad@comcast.net>, "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Map Lights
From: "Ross" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 07:41:34 -0700
The original color was exactly like the one on eBay.  The original cover was
a very dark brown almost black.
Steve's light is what they look like when exposed to UV for years. So, his
has the special Sunbeam patina and must be worth more!

Ross

Steve,

Mine is now a "dull chrome" look too...
BUT, I think it was originally a sort of dark brown.  If you pull the lens
off,
look at the metal tabs where they are protected inside.  NOT dull chrome
look..
Does any original owner know what it looked like originally?

Gary

O.K. Guys,

I have uploaded the Map Light, to my picture gallery on Facebook, the
eBay map light picture, and mine.  Major difference is the black eBay
case and my "dull chrome" plated housing.  Maybe a "cad" plate would
make the eBay offering better. Lot's  of Rootes cars must use this same
light.

p.s.  I crawled under the dash to get my pic, and saw some detached
vinyl.  I guess I'll add that to my list!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23591&id=1360287247&saved#/album.php?p
age=2&aid=23591&id=1360287247

Steve

___