Re: [Tigers] help w/a Shelby part number

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>, Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] help w/a Shelby part number
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:07:31 -0700 (PDT)
You probably want the link, huh?

http://www.justmustangs.com.au/shelby-parts/shelby-suspension.pdf

Bill

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Tigers] help w/a Shelby part number
To: "Beamclub" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 2:55 PM

Yesterday I was in the back yard storage building and happened upon the box my
accel distributor came in. Feeling heavy I opened it to find the dist. the PO
had installed in my Mk1. I then remembered I also purchased two others at Suni
for the purpose of reselling them. All 3 are dual point Mallory distributors
but one and Im not sure if it was my orginal or one I just bought, has a
Shelby tag in place of the Mallory on the other 2 units. Now my mind goes to
thinking that this has to be an orginal Shelby car SBF part. Which car is
anyones guess but obviously made by Mallory for Mr.Shelby. Try as I might I
couldnt match the numbers with any on the net BUT I also wasnt able to get the
proper place to find out what the numbers would indicate. If anyone, perhaps a
Cobra owner as I know we have a few amongest our group, can shed any light on
what the distributor was used in, it would be greatly appreciated. Under
Shelby on the tag is GF JA-B   ( it appears
 have a space between the F and the J) Under Mallory to the right is YL
5551-A2  I found a number that was close but was a FE number, which I think
refers to a big block as opposed to the FE on our VIN tags standing for Ford
Engine.
Thannks in advance for anyone that might know how to find the car that this
was used on.
TonytheTiger