Re: [Tigers] 13" tires

To: Brad Huff <huffb@southslope.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 13" tires
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:21:45 -0700
Brad,

I am using Michelin X 185-70 R13 on my Tiger, with alloy wheels.  These
are the original wire mesh tread support belt design for the period.
These are carried, I believe, only by COSTCO, and are reasonably priced.

Don't expect really wide modern performance tires, but really nice for
road use.  Check your wheel offset, no matter what tire you choose.
Could end up with tire/body interference.  Offset of wheels is of
primary concern to prevent wide tires from scrubbing fender wheel
opening corners, both front and rear.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman