[Tigers] Hokanson's Gear Ratio Calculator

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>, BOB HOKANSON
Subject: [Tigers] Hokanson's Gear Ratio Calculator
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:19:08 -0700
Tigers (and Bob H.)

I made a mistake, once. I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was
right after all. ;-)

Not having used Bob's excellent Excel Transmission Calculator in a
while, I thought it wasn't functioning. I so stated in the "Re: [Tigers]
BW T10's - early Tigers" e-mail response I made to the List.

Well, turns out it works, after all.  When I returned to my Mac
"Desktop" (default download), I had 15 copies of the Excel file on the
desktop awaiting me, hidden by the pages I had open. They were
downloaded by my default desktop download location preference setting.

In typical Mac fashion, double-clicking on the spread sheet icon
(document) auto-opens the Excel program and the "Calculator".  This
program is really a beautiful, practical, way to evaluate - with each
variable able to be changed and examined for result. (Tire Size,

All of 12 of them worked just fine.

If you do NOT have the Excel program, there is a ** free ** "Excel
Reader" program link in the article (but I don't think the parameters
are able to be changed in the free "read only" program - I don't know.

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.asp

"Try-it Mikey, you'll like it!"

If you have never tried this Hokanson program, you will discover just
how nice it is.  Change tire size, rear-end and tranny gear ratios. (4
and 5 speed default), rpm, shift gears, and 6 different transmissions -
OR, select your own tranny and rear end ratios.  Fantastic "What If"
program.

Thank you, Bob Hokanson.

Steve

--