Re: [Tigers] Oil

To: huffb@southslope.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:06:09 EDT
Brad

Back on the list again.

This was discussed several times. The synopsis:

1. Modern off the shelf oil have reduced ZDDP because it destroys
   the catalyst coverter  This also causes excessive wear  and
   early failure of the camshafts and lifters. Starting a  newly
   rebuilt engine without the ZDDP will cause problems.
2. This may also apply to Mobol 1 and other synthetics
3. Shell Rotella oil used with diesels has the necessary ZDDP
    but Shell is reducing the amount.
4. GM sells an additive that contains the ZDDP for their older
    performance engines.  I've seen it at  Walmart.

My advice
1. Use Mobol 1 with the GM ZDDP additive
2. Use ShellRotella

In a message dated 8/9/2009 8:29:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,