Re: [Tigers] Oil

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>, <huffb@southslope.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 14:05:39 -0400
        This is a subject we all need to keep up to date on and I'm not
caught up yet.
Currently most oil on the self has an "SM" certification which means it
contains 1/2 the ZDDP additives; you don't want this type of oil with flat
tappets.   It is also my understanding that Diesel oil will have reduced
additives too.

        It buyer beware out there.  You have to keep up on this and you need
to know how to read the labels.   You are looking for the "SL" rated oil.
Castrol Classic is suppose to be OK, Royal Purple has SL rated oil and I
believe Motorcycle oil has all the additives.   You need to read the labels
carefully and you need to keep up to date on all of this.

        An alternative is to put a roller cam in your engine which does not
need all the wear additives.

Ron Fraser