Re: [Tigers] Fw: Panel lights switch questions

To: James Pickard <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: Panel lights switch questions
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:11:14 -0700
Jim,

My usual reminder that Bill Gegg has provided color coded wiring
charts.  The one dealing with the Mk I is at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-images/MKIBIGwiring.jpg

and the Mk II at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-images/MKIIBIGwiring.jpg

In this case, both look the same, but the Mk II has the terminals better
labeled.  The switch wiring appears in two images of the switch terminal
to "simplify" the diagram to show inside switch connections.  Physically
it is a LOT simpler.

The diagram does show the panel light switch and panel light bulb
connections.  HOWEVER these are the "electrical paths" of connectivity,
and the actual physical view appears different, and simpler.

 It has but two terminals connected to wires.  A lower red/white
stripped wire line going to the right (passenger side) of the two lower
spades, and a pair of Red wires, spliced into a single spade female wire
connector,  on the same side.

Switch back
___________
|    ___          |     Double Red
|                    |
|                    |
|__________|
|                    |
|     ___         |      Red/White stripe
|__________|

Since the "List" will not allow attachments or enclosures, this is the best I
can do.

(once I got in there to look, I could hardly get my head out.  Ouch!)

If you really want a photo sent directly to you, let me know and I will get a
grandson to crawl under.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman