Re: [Tigers] Rust never sleeps

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rust never sleeps
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:51:35 -0400
Also living in the rust belt(NH) I remember in the 70's and 80's buying new
cars and immediately rushing them to the local Ziebart Center before the
odometer turned 100. Some guys in my area would oil their cars almost every
Fall.

In one of those weird pieces of coincidences I was cleaning out an old
folder of car bills this afternoon from 20-30 years ago. You guys will
appreciate this...I came across an old invoice from my local Chevy dealer
dated 1/19/83 with the following notes: "Failed MVI...Rust rot holes in the
floors." It was a 78 Chevy Vega that I had purchased used for my wife. IT
HAD 57,900 miles on it.