Re: [Tigers] Battery chargers

To: "'awtiger'" <awtiger@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Battery chargers
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:20:30 -0500
Andy,

I'm used to chargers being warm, but I've never felt one I thought was "very
hot".

I would check it by first connecting the Alpine charger directly to the
battery. If it works normally, there is most likely a problem in your quick
connect pigtail. If the Alpine charger still gets hot, the next thing I
would try is putting the Tiger charger directly on the Alpine's battery. If
that charger then operates normally, the Alpine charger most likely has a
problem. If the Tiger charger also gets very hot, I would suspect a short in
the Alpine's wiring.

For sure, I would not leave the Alpine charger connected and feeling hot
unless I was standing right there with it ready to throw the switch.

HTH,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans