Re: [Tigers] Hood and Door Adjustment Questions

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood and Door Adjustment Questions
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:15:51 -0700
Steve S.,

Had a similar problem re-installing the hood.  Ran a flexible wire tied
around the "J" hook ("little lever") to come out the grill entry, until
is was properly adjusted.  Could be laying under the front, if you're
not driving it.

The "wire" should be a steel core (twisted wire) with a convenient
handle.  Like a choke knob/cable.

This will work just fine, and can be removed when the adjustment if
finished.  If you prefer to keep the emergency pull, then you can mount
the handle and cable routing.

This could require pulling the release lever under the dash at the same
time, depending on it's adjustment.  If so, find a non-gorilla friend.
Seems many Tiger owners are 250 lbs, and 6'9" tall.     (9-)

BTW: There are also shim stacks at the front hinge that can be adjusted
for front hood/body alignment with shims.  Necessary with thicker LAT hood.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com