[Tigers] Hood and Door Adjustment Questions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] Hood and Door Adjustment Questions
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:03:40 -0700
Thanks to ideas and help from a couple of list members, I was able to
figure out a way to adjust the Tiger's hood so it was open at the back,
letting lots of hot air out during 3000 miles of driving this summer, a
lot of it in the Arizona and California deserts in 100 degree + weather.
It really did help noticeably with water temperature and my Tiger A/C
worked much better than before that way..

Now it's starting to get a bit cooler and I'm going to revert the hood
back to normal so it can close all the way, as it just looks better that
way. I'm always nervous about adjusting the hood to the factory, all the
way closed position as, if a mistake is made, the hood may never open
again (An exaggeration I know, but not far off, right?). When I adjusted
the hood to stay open as described above, this wasn't an issue because
if I adjusted things wrong, there was plenty of room to reach in there
with a long screwdriver and wiggle things around until it opened.

I've read on the list about attaching some kind of emergency pull wire,
etc, but can't quite figure what I would attach that to, and where I
would run it to.I think the issue is that if the hood piece gets wedged
into the receiver (over the heater core), you need to pull that little
lever (at the front of the plate that sits over the heater core) all the
way forward to get the hood to pop part way, at which point wiggling the
hood usually gets it open, ready for another try at adjusting things.

Could someone let me know the details of that "emergency release" wire
and how to set it up?

Thanks.

Steve Sage
1966 MK1A