Re: [Tigers] Now They tell Me!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Now They tell Me!
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:52:24 -0700
>>> It is part of my multi LED air-fuel ratio under-dash meter.  Here is one
>>> ... for $240, ... $136, ... $162<<<

Or..., for those who "Love the smell of rosin flux in the morning" there are
a number of web sites where you can build your own. I'm guessing for about
$50.  As Steve said it is basically a bung welded in to the exhaust, and a
generic O2 sensor.  The sites illustrate the few components needs to amplify
the signal and trigger an array of LED's. Like everything in my life it is
something I'm going to build - some day.  I don't think Heath Kit as we knew
it as kids is still around.  This seems like something they would have sold.

I wouldn't doubt today someone also has designed an adapter (USB or Serial 9
pin) and a free program to read the O2 sensor output on your laptop with the
same results as the LEDs. For sure there are programs that read to the
laptop like an OBD scanner from the cars computer. But here, - with a
carburetor, things would be different just to read the O2 sensor.
Tom