Re: [Tigers] WARNING - ball joints

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, Tiger Talk List Tiger
Subject: Re: [Tigers] WARNING - ball joints
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:57:24 -0700 (PDT)
Theo- Out of curiosity and to make it clear to anyone not understanding----
the ball joint I'm seeing in my mind has a thin piece or metal that acts as a
sealing cover and a place to install a grease zerk. On your B.Joints the hole
was drilled but since the metal is thin, you didn't have to tap the hole, just
use the correct diameter zerk...?
Ive had suspension parts come with the hole and no zerk but they where
floating loosely in the carton or plastic bag. Going back in time things where
more apt to have went down a better assembly line but as things "improved" and
moved to China and Mexico, the zerks could have been left out intentionally or
with no one caring if they where added or not- maybe the stock room was out
that day. THAT thought bears no reflection on where Theo purchased his parts.
TtT