Re: [Tigers] WARNING - ball joints

To: "Tony Somebody" <achd73@yahoo.com>, "michael king"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] WARNING - ball joints
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:54:51 -0600
Hi Tony,
I did that part of the assembly back in 2002 or so... I forget whether the
zerk fitting was included with the balljoint or not, but I do remember that
they were not installed in the box.

To Denis,
Thanks for the picture, and it's a good idea to put the zerk fittings into the
tie rod ends as well as the upper and lower balljoints - but for anyone doing
so, make sure to clean up the drill cuttings and burrs before installing the
zerk fitting, otherwise you'll just fill the tie rod with abrasive crap.

Cheers
Theo