Re: [Tigers]

To: "'Dexter Polistock'" <dsp781@hotmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers]
From: "Joe Brown" <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:59:57 -0500
I was able to drill out the center tube of the bushings and then cut the
rubber part out by driving a copper tube through it.  That left me with the
outer part of the bushing.  I had to carefully stick a sawzall blade into
what was left of the bushing and just cut through it without cutting into
the frame rail.  Then I took a chisel and hammer and started peeling it up
until I could knock the whole thing out.

Now I'm having fun trying to get the new bushings in.  I ran a brake
cylinder hone through the opening in the frame rail to clean out the rust
and I managed to get one bushing installed using a piece of threaded rod and
a variety of nuts and washers.  I need to spend some more time cleaning up
the other frame rail opening before inserting the bushing because it looks
like I gouged it up a little removing the old bushing.

Fun, fun, fun,
Joe Brown
Arlington, TX
B382000217