Re: [Tigers] Engine Photos: Twin Turbo Car in Ariz

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Photos: Twin Turbo Car in Ariz
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:53:29 -0800
Hi Kirk,
  I've actually seen that a few times now. In its own way it has a
simplicity.  You can run the stock exhaust configuration, you don't have to
move something out of the way under the hood etc..  I'm not sure what is
lost in power with the diminished heat at the turbo and then pressure losses
going back all that distance back to the intake.  But, for a street car I
kind of like the idea.  Maybe if fins were welded onto the long intake
return tube it would become its own intercooler.  :-)

Tom