Re: [Tigers] Drop Spindles

To: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>, Alpine List
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Drop Spindles
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:07:01 -0400
Marc;

I feel your pain.

But part of the fun of owning these cars is knowing how they work. Your
problem with the "jargon" is not limited to automobiles. Try and butt into a
conversation sometime between medical doctors in full discussion mode using
their specific language. Not likely any of us, (other than those who are
medically trained) would catch more than the odd word.

Ask Santa for a couple of Tiger repair books, or check-out the Tiger/Alpine
website tech sites, and learn some of the terminology. The broad strokes of
car repair do have their own language, but it is easily and quickly learned,
especially by someone like you who is gifted with a good intellect but
hampered by, forgive me, an attitude. This knowledge is what brings the
group together, and allows us to explain our problems to each other, and
understand the solutions known to others who have a deep interest in these
cars and are willing to share their knowledge.

Put a little effort in, get a lot of information out. Educate yourself, you
will enjoy this list much more than you do now!

All the best,

Dave Munroe
B382000450