Re: [Tigers] Oil line routing

To: "'Tony Somebody'" <achd73@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil line routing
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:10:33 -0600
Tony, et al,

After the steering u-joint rubbed a hole in one of my oil hoses, I got a
straight piece and a u-shaped piece of steel tubing that would fit inside
the rubber oil hoses and four alligator clamps for double clamping. I
figured I could either cut and splice together a leaking hose with the
straight piece or cut both hoses and bypass the filter completely with the
u-shaped piece.

Fortunately, I never got the chance to test my "repair kit". I also got into
the habit of looking at the hoses every time I was under the hood.

I will say that I was wide awake when I got to work that morning after
tooling along at 70+ and seeing a huge cloud of smoke erupt from the front
of the car while the oil pressure went to zero.

HTH,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans