[Tigers] Pawn Stars

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Pawn Stars
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:38:00 -0800
I wonder if you ever watch the fun "Pawn Stars"  (NOT Porn Stars)  about
a Pawn Shop in Las Vegas run be a man, his father, his son, and a dumb
and dumber employee.

People come in to sell or pawn the strangest things.  Yesterday's Show
included a Tow Truck operator that brings a car shell on his truck. If
he tows the vehicle, and sends the know owner a written notice, and
there is no reply after (I think) 1 week - it's his!!!!

It appeared to be a Shelby body, all aluminum - not fiberglass - and
frame/suspension.  All look new and never built any further into a car.
He accepted a $5,000 offer, after a Shelby repair shop found the "CSX-
" stamped into the frame.  (They hid all the other numbers but the "X".)

They had him rebuild it to original specs, 427 CID and all.  It even had
the knock-off spindles they put the Shelby wheels on.  Painted the Blue
with white if was sure nice.  They opted for high quality synthetic,
rather than leather seats - and it had the "Shelby" Signature.

Shelby may have acknowledge the authenticity, but I know he'll sign
anything for a donation to his supported charity.  I know, because I
have a signed "T" shirt.  I just stopped by the Woodley Park car show,
but didn't have my Tiger with me.

I suspect that this shell "fell of a truck" from the L.A. P.O.E. from
it's birthplace at AC cars in England, where they build the chassis and
body, and never got to the Shelby factory at the LAX airport property.

Wow.  A Brand new Cobra, complete with all Shelby or OEM sourced parts
for about $30,000.  They will sell it, and probably have lots of offers
by now.  But, if your in Vegas - take a look.

Steve

--
___
Steve Laifman