Re: [Tigers] 66 or 67?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 66 or 67?
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:47:19 -0500
As I recall, Tod and I have serial numbers that are pretty close
together,  so they were probably built, shipped, or whatever within a
couple weeks of each other.  Mine didn't get into a customer's hands
until Feb '67, and the title says '67.

But, in America, they've always built the next year's cars starting in
the summer or early fall.  Even back in the day the next year's cars
were at the dealers well before New Years, Christmas, or Thanksgiving,
IIRC.  So is it wrong to identify a car built in the late fall of '09 as
a 2010 model?  Clearly not.  So unless there was a spec change  that
differentiated between a year's models, it probably doesn't make a
difference.

Stu