Re: [Tigers] Oil pump shafts

To: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil pump shafts
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:18:21 -0800 (PST)
Yes, clean is VERY important. Here is a link what happens when the pump gets
scored due to metal injestion and the shaft twists apart -
http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/2010/02/06/the-ripper-engine-removal/
You can see pics of the pump and related parts. The pump shaft in this case
did not twist, but sheared the hex tang off. Lots of other bad stuff came for
free with that...

Sandy