Re: [Tigers] Some thoughts on the Book of Norman

To: m_dangelo@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Some thoughts on the Book of Norman
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:32:46 -0400
Mauro,

I'm new to the forum but not new to the Kitty; I've owned my Mark 2 for
close to forty years, am in the midst of a (not cheap!) total restoration.
So... what do you want to know?

This seems to be an active group; they probably can help.

Comparing the Porsche and Tiger is somewhat difficult. There were 7,000 or
so Tigers made compared to the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of Porsches
on the road. A lot more cars, a lot more owners / clubs. Surely a lot more
car specific parts and documentation.

Mechanically, the Tiger is a Ford with a Dana 44 differential. There's lots
of information on both on the web and in print. Parts are available from
Rick at Sunbeam Specialties, and from Bill Graf at C.A.T., among others.
There's an active parts market on E-Bay (the usual caveats apply...);
There's a CD available on E-Bay with most of the original documentation in
PDF format.

You mentioned ClassicTiger, an excellent site, lots of Tech Tips. C.A.T.
(California Association Of Tiger Owners) has a "Shop Notes" book full of the
accumulated knowledge they've gained over the years - it's where I go first.
(You have to join the club to get the parts / books. Well worth the price of
admission.) Try also Dale's Restorations. (http://www.dalesresto.com/  ) ,
be prepared to dig deep into the pocketbook...

ClassicMotorSports ran / is running a series on a Tiger rebuild I've found
helpful. Much of it is on the Web. It's worth a look, but magazines seldom
tell all we need to know.

And, I suspect, ask here. If I can help I'll surely try to.

Regards,

Tom

('67 Mark2 in the process of being reborn.)

To Norm, if you see this: PLEASE re-issue the book!