Re: [Tigers] Clutch Hydraulics

To: John Crawley <alittlemoreink@hotmail.com>, LIST TIGER
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Hydraulics
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:48:53 -0500
Hi John,
What pressure plate are you using? If the clutch hydraulics that you bought
have the same diameters as the OEM parts, then the pedal effort should be
within reason unless you have a extra heavy duty pressure plate bolted to the
flywheel. On the other hand, if VB mixed up and gave you an oversize master
cylinder then the pedal effort could be high even though your line pressure is
still normal. IIRC the stock diameter is 5/8" for the master, and I don't
remember the slave cylinder diameter.

Many master cylinders from Girling as well as the aftermarket suppliers use
the same bolt pattern so they'll all bolt right in, but even a change of 1/16"
in diameter can cause a significant change in pedal effort required.

Cheers,
Theo

<snip>

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.