Re: [Tigers] Tiger All Four Wheels Up?

To: "'MAURO D'ANGELO'" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>, "'Rense, Mark \(GE
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger All Four Wheels Up?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:38:12 -0400
Mauro
        It can be dangerous to have a vehicle on 2 or 4 jack stands.  It
totally depends on how and where you place the jack stands.   You must have
sufficient weight on each jack so the vehicle does not rock.  You must also
have good jack stands.  I have 4 that are rated at 5000 lbs each.  I will
not even consider some of the sheet metal jack stands I have seen on the
market.

        Yes I have had the Tiger up on 4 jack stands.  You simply have to be
safety conscious when you do this.  I also keep my 2 3/4 ton floor jack
raised to a lifting point, just in case something slips.

Ron Fraser