[Tigers] 67 Shelby Shocks

To: <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: [Tigers] 67 Shelby Shocks
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:29:39 -0500
List

OK, off subject, but with all the knowledge out there I'm sure someone can
help me.

One of my friends is reassembling (restoring) a 67 GT-350 Shelby Mustang.
The original front shocks (Autolite) have a disk (washer) welded just under
the top rubber bushing and has four holes drilled in it (90degrees apart).
He wants me to weld one of these round disks on each shock for originality.
My question is, how was this used for adjustment, given the fact that you
can only turn the top of the shock 180 degrees in either direction (the two
bolts on top) however the disk has 4 holes in it?  The pictures I've seen
don't show the bottom of the shock.  What went in any of those 4 holes?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Christopherson

9473187