Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289

To: "m_dangelo@verizon.net" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Clutch Kit 289
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:54:18 +0200
I'm happy with my 10" centreforce 2. Had lots of positive feedback
from the list a couple of years back which is why I chose it.  Very
nice feel - easy and smooth - and I track the car and drive it hard
with a similar amount of power.  Tried the ford king cobra 10.5" and
it was very stiff and I destroyed it. I used a brass pilot bushing and
centreforce release bearing. All from summit and not expensive.  I did
use a new billet steel mcleod flywheel though as having an aluminum
bellhousing I wanted a little more security.  Personally I wouldn't
use a stock cast flywheel without a scattershield if you drive the
stones out of it.

Can send part numbers if you need...