Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Tanks

To: "'mike schreiner'" <mikeflbmer@yahoo.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Tanks
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:45:22 -0400
Mike
        There have been several rear end collisions with no fire.  For the
most part if you see it coming your right foot can move you out of the way.

        You could fabricate a metal shield between the fuel tanks and the
cockpit.  It is possible Dale's Restoration Shop already has them for the
race cars he works on.

        Another item to consider might be an inertia switch in the fuel pump
harness to shut it off. I pulled one out of a Ford Focus and it even has a
rubber weather shield over the button.   I soft wired this switch into my
Tiger and it worked fine.  I just need to find a connector so I can hard
wire it into the harness.  If you grab an inertia switch from a scrap yard
be sure to take the connector and length of wire too.

Ron Fraser