Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Tanks

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, mike schreiner <mikeflbmer@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Tanks
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
Wait Duke- of all the stuff mentioned, Mike brought up the most dangerous.
Under the right conditions one gallon of gasoline( back when it was truely
gasoline that is) is equal to more than a stick of dynamite. I was told in a
safety meeting at work by the instructor that 1 gallon was equal to 8 sticks
BUT Im having a hard time believing that- I have seen gasoline explode tho and
the earth shook as did I afterwards- I was amazed. I agree, many good points
have been covered and depending on the car, each procedure should be addressd
in the order of NEVER needing a scatershield to the fulcrum pins which should
be addressed immeadiately if not alredy changed out. By the way LIST. My Tiger
had pin failure
but Im not certain he  (PO)  used new and improved or used pins to replace
them with. Is there any way I can tell by a visual inspection- this has been
on my mind way before someone tried to get our latest newbie to sell his Tiger
CHEAP. LOL and teasing of course.
Cheers, TtT