Re: [Tigers] another paint and trim question

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Brad Huff <huffb@southslope.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] another paint and trim question
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:14:12 -0700 (PDT)
Brad
two tips
(1)  the cowl grills:  There is an old tech tip about putting fibreglass and
aluminum
                             screening under the grill plates.  Keeps the
maple tree seeds
                             and other objects from getting into the blower
fan.  The constant
                             buzz from a seed caught was driving me battier.
Barely
                             noticable.  The area under the grill was body
color in my car.
                             I used fiberglass screen scraps, cut to fit,
attached by sticking
                             through the hold down pegs on the grill.

(2)  Lower grill finisher:  It fits tight against the chrome grill surround.
Go to any
                             parts store and look for GM side trim clips.  The
have a screw
                             with two metal springs attached.  Snip off the
springs and it
                             slides nicely into the finisher.  Because the are
not round, they
                             self hold against the slides of the finisher when
to tighten or
                             loose them.  Use plastic or nylon nuts.  Remember
the tin
                             worm.  The original big head pop riivets are
getting harder to
                             find and aren't cheap.

Dave