Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinges for MK1A Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinges for MK1A Tiger
From: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, did not realize this would illicit such a strong response.  I know many
car manufactures use the same suppliers and use existing parts for their cars
in order to try and hold down costs as opposed to new design and tooling.  GM
for years has done does this - alternator for Chevy $60, same exact alternator
for Cadillac $300.  It was just a question to see if one British Car Company -
British Leyland and Rootes might have done the same.  $178 plus pads or $49
including pads - it was just a thought.  The point about No hardtop mounting
provision is the kind of thing I would not have thought about since the car is
now in pieces.
Oh and boot = trunk, I think, backside = booty - yea that's
right.
Anyway, thanks for the responses.
Joel