[Tigers] Hub Pulling.................too easy.

To: "'Tiger's Den'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Hub Pulling.................too easy.
From: "wsamouce" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 09:03:43 -0500
I used info from Dan Walter's perfect hub puller and other advice from this
list to make mine.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/006-1.jpg

Just plate steel with four holes and the fitting for the slide-hammer welded
to the center.  That with some bolt, washers and coupling nuts.  The hubs
came off easily requiring 40 ft/lbs on one side and 50 ft/lbs on the other.

I then used the MONGO slide-hammer to pop the axles out.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/009.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/010.jpg

I checked for end play before I pulled the axles and there was 0 on both
sides.  There was a .030 shim on one side and a .010 on the other.  So, I
needed shims.  There are no shims available in Leavenworth, KS so I made
some.

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/012.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy249/samouce/014.jpg

I bought some .030 steel and .010 tin at the locale hardware store.

Question for you guys who know, how many shims and what thickness do you
have on your car?  I hope I made enough.  I also had to make the paper
gaskets which was quite easy after cutting the metal ones.

Have some parts painting to do today and then Monday I will have the old
bearing removed and the new one pressed on.

Duke
B382002037