Re: [Tigers] What do I do now?

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What do I do now?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:48:40 -0500
The MSD gears come with detailed installation instructions. The installed
height is something they want you to get correct to within 0.004 inch or so.
<http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedfiles/MSDIgnitioncom/Products/Distributor
s/gear%20install_frm28590.pdf>
I also got one of the Crane composite gears but haven't installed it... as
Sandy said, supposedly these are better than bronze gears.

The benefit (?) of a bronze or composite gear is that if there is a problem,
then you know that the cam will win and the worst thing that happens is you
have to flush a bunch of bronze flakes out of the bottom of the pan. If there
is a problem with the steel gear, then nobody wins. But at least the dross
that comes off that failure is magnetic so it will be captured by your
magnetic drain plug...

Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.