[Tigers] Alternator Adjustment Arm / Fan Belt

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Tigers] Alternator Adjustment Arm / Fan Belt
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:42:24 -0400
Thanks.  I actually have the bracket that the alternator mounts to.  This is
a Tiger 2 only part.  What I think I don9t have is the right arm that bolts
between the water pump and the bottom of the alternator.  This is the one
that lets you tighten the fan belt.  I wonder if my problem is that my fan
belt is too long.  Anyone know the correct or usable length of the fan belt?
Thanks.

On 6/12/10 6:34 PM, "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm sure others will tell you, but I thought that it was a "Tiger Only"
part.
> And since the earlier Tigers had a generator and you have an alternator,
that
> could make it a "tiger, MKII" only part.
>
> I've looked at a bunch of other 60's70's Ford applications and the engine
bays
> were always  much wider engine  and the alternator was mounted down low.
That
> didn't seem possible in a Tiger. So, nothing I ever saw would work. If
someone
> knows of an application that would work, I'd love to know it.
> Mark
>
> In a message dated 6/12/2010 5:56:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> mcdangerous@verizon.net writes:
>> Hi  all.  I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the
alternator/belt
>> adjustment bracket of the MKII Tiger.  I have the  original MKII
alternator
>> bracket, but my flat adjustment bracket/bar that  seems to be the wrong
one.
>> I think it's a bit short and angled wrong  because it seems to interfere
with
>> the alternator fan.  Does anyone  know which part would interchange (Ford
>> Falcon/Mustang/Galaxie, etc.   Anyone?  Thanks in advance for the
>> information.

>>> you

>>> of

>>> out