Re: [Tigers] Alternator Adjustment Arm / Fan Belt

To: "'Would U. Believe'" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>, <CoolVT@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator Adjustment Arm / Fan Belt
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:21:20 -0400
The Rootes Parts manual shows the same part number for the generator arm and
the alternator arm.

6100022    Arm Adjusting LHD    C4JZ-10145-A    Tiger only part looking at
that Ford part number
6100022    Arm Adjusting Alternator
That surprises me but I don't have both these arms to compare.

6100024    Fan belt Generator LHD   C2OZ-8620-E

6100853    Fan Belt Alternator

The alternator belt is different and I don't know the length of either belt.

I would suggest that you hook up the arm to the alternator, adjust to the
lowest position and measure the length around all the pulleys then buy a
belt close to that length.   If you can adjust the alternator for tension on
the belt your done.

I went through several iteration of belts when I did my alternator
conversion until I got a belt that worked correctly for me.   The guy at the
parts store was patient with me.   I told him what I was doing and he
exchanged the belts and cash differences with a smile.

Ron Fraser