Re: [Tigers] Best distributor for Tiger

To: "Jerry & Maureen (Mo)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best distributor for Tiger
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:24:07 -0700
Jerry,

I can vouch for the *Pertronix "Ignitor" *distributor module.  I have
had the original *Pertronics Ignitor* (I) for years  The newer version
and hot coil for the Pertronix "*Ignitor II*" are still in their boxes,
as the original is working just fine.

There are some additional work to be done for the best set-up.  For this
you need a knowledgeable mechanic who still has one of those mechanical
"Distributor Machines" and (as I recall) an adapter for the input.

You must decide your usage requirements to use distributor spring and/or
weight adjustment.  These are available  at parts stores for the Ford
distributor, and allow the advance curve  to be adjusted.  I believe we
used the spring kit for the "plain" marking (colored silver), depending
on your needs (Accel?).  New silicone wires cut to desired routing
pattern from the FACTORY (Accel?).

RESULTS:

   1. No points to wear, /*or replace*/.
   2. Advance curved to */YOUR/* needs.
   3. Clean wire routing to */YOUR/* needs.

If probably will last forever - which is why I saw no need for replacing
it with the newer model.

/"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

/Steve

Steve Laifman