Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:44:31 -0700
Another option is the Edelbrock (Carter). The way the secondaries work give
a bit of latitude with a larger carburetor.  I picked up an Edelbrock
(cheap - of course) that is a 625 CFM. My 289 has an unknown, but more
radical cam than stock. Ideally I wanted a smaller carb.  However, when I
looked up the primary side it was the same as a 500 CFM.  So, when (if) I
ever get my car going I was going to slow the opening of the secondaries and
hope for the best.

Theo, isn't a Canadian gallon different from a US gallon?  There is a guy on
my Mopar side of life who claims 28 MPG from his Chrysler 5th Ave. with Auto
(no overdrive).  He lives above the great lakes also.

Duke, 16.8 MPG @ 78 MPH (3,800 rpm) with 3.07's doesn't sound all that bad -
considering.

Tom