Re: [Tigers] Tiger sold at Barrett-Jackson Orange County

To: <spook01@comcast.net>, "'Owain Lloyd'" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger sold at Barrett-Jackson Orange County
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:04:40 -0700
Bob Varsha and Mike Joy were wandering around Cars and Coffee Saturday
morning and stopped at my Tiger quite a while, wanting to get more info on
how many Tigers there are, authentication etc. . I asked about the Friday
car. They thought the car was fairly nice and money was on the low side, but
that was the unfolding story of the whole auction. Matt Stone, who also does
the BJ broadcasts is a friend and actually the guy who got me embroiled in
Tigers in the first place, since he used to have one. If I have a chance
I'll get his reading on the car. Tim Ronak saw the car and said it was OK,
but not tip top and had a T-5 instead of top loader. I was curious because
it was billed as a '67, and had a 289 but the grille and other cosmetics
didn't look like a Mk II. It looked pretty complete, otherwise.

I caught a Russo and Steele auction on TV with a (highly modified) Tiger
going for 100k. Was that from last year's Monterey?.