Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure & Rear Main Leak Question

To: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure & Rear Main Leak Question
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:17:49 -0400
Bill,

When I started my rebuild the machinist suggested strongly that I avoid the
high volume oil pump unless I was racing the car. (I'm not.) I can see the
possibility of the oil pressure blowing out the rear seal, but I have to say
I don't KNOW that. If it were me I think I'd drop the pan and replace the
oil pump with a stock pump and see what happens. Maybe it'll help (or maybe
not); it's sure easier than pulling the engine.

NAPA should have a good oil stock pump at a "reasonable" price.

Tom
' 67 Tiger 289.