Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling Hoses - The Real Story!

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling Hoses - The Real Story!
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 15:35:05 -0700
Mark, and John,

Totally agree about the internal water hoses should have. Especially
important on the inlet hose, due to pump suction collapsing the hose.
The you are "really hosed".

On the original request for the correct hoses means, I believe, for the
Original Hose Clamps that were on teh car when it left the factory.

I believe they were "double-wire" type, not worm drive, and CAD plated,
not stainless.

Here are a few references:

Heater hoses, and such:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Two_spring_Hose_Clamps_-_small.jpg

The original radiator hose clamps (I Think) ($ 2.05) can be seen on:

http://www.englishparts.com/products/CLAMP--RADIATOR-HOSE-WIRE-TYPE--1-38-TO-1-916-IN-HOSE/7275/326-430.html

TBON (The Book of Norman) shows the water and oil cap vent hoses with
the "wire-type", and heater as the simple plain clamp band.  He says
(pp153):

 "All 1/2" hoses were CAD plated English "band clamps.".
 "All 5/8" hose clamps used CAD plated English "double wire clamps" at
all but three locations."
 "The water pump by-pass hose was clamped with CAD plated Ford screw
clamps at both ends"
 "The heater core return hose was clamped with a CAD plated Ford screw
clamped with clamp at the elbow manifold fitting.
 "Upper and lower radiator hoses were clamped with CAD plated English
double wire clamps"

Now. are you SURE you want that 100 point concourse  medal?

Steve

Steve Laifman

Editor

http://TigersUnited.com