[Tigers] Garage/shop flooring (not Tiger related)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Garage/shop flooring (not Tiger related)
From: "awtiger" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 23:43:49 -0500
Hey, guys:

Sorry to bomb the list with this question but you guys were the only ones I
could think of to ask.

Does anyone out there in Tigerland have the snap-together flooring (a.k.a.
"RaceDeck" or the like) in their garage/shop?  I'm considering installing it
in my new shop but I've got some concerns.  I know that it supposedly holds
up well with cars parked on it, but I wonder how well it does when you're
doing actual work to a car on it.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Do
jackstands tend to pierce the flooring?  How about jacks?  Can it be cleaned
up easily or does it lose it's luster?  I know no one around the Oklahoma
City area who has it so I'm flying kind of blind here.  Can anyone shed some
light on this for me?

By the way, I painted the floor in my last shop with epoxy gray and it held
up rather well.  I could do that again, although the prep for that would be
a killer on the new shop.

Thanks so much,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK