Re: [Tigers] Garage/shop flooring (not Tiger related)

To: awtiger <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Garage/shop flooring (not Tiger related)
From: Bob Josten <bob@rjosten.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:24:17 -0700
Andy, if your concrete floor is in generally good condition consider having
it polished and then sealed. It's the same technique that was used often
years ago on terrazzo floors.
After grinding it is best sealed with a product like Retro Plate
http://www.retroplatesystem.com/ .
The result is a very smooth 'wet' look floor that is non-porous and is
similar in appearance to marble but without the cost and no grout lines.
All the floors in my house are this finish and some day I will empty out my
shop and do the same there.
This is how it looks
http://www.concretereflections.com/Gallery/Gallery_1.asp .
You can also stain the concrete after grinding but before sealing with an
acid stain like those made by Scofield.
The Home Depot near me spend it's first two years of operation constantly
cleaning the fork lift scuff marks off their floors and then finally ended
up having them polished and sealed. It's much nicer looking and way easier
to maintain.

regards
Bob J.