Re: [Tigers] 3 gauges stopped working

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>, "allanballard@att.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 3 gauges stopped working
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:59:19 -0500
One of the most insidious kinds of failure is traceable to the daisy-chained
ground wires. If the ground wire becomes disconnected from the chassis, then
the gauges can still return current through the filaments of the light bulbs.
So the gauges will still sorta-kinda work, except when you turn on the panel
lights... then they go dead. And the panel lights also don't work.

Besides that, the three gauges you describe are fed from the solid-green
colored wire under the dash and off the fuse block. If it becomes disconnected
from the fuse block or the at one of the Lucar bullet connectors then it will
take out all three gauges at once.

Cheers,
Theo

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.