Re: [Tigers] Brake hang-up

To: RSSmithIQ@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake hang-up
From: mcdangerous@verizon.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:12:41 -0500 (CDT)
I agree.  It sounds to me like a flexible brake hose that is swollen inside to
the point that it allows the pressurized brake fluid to pass to the caliper,
but is tight enough inside that the unpressurized return flow can't  make it
back to allow the caliper to release.  I had this very problem on my old 911.
It's an easy,. cheap fix.  Even if it turns out to be a corroded caliper
piston, the cost of the hoses is minimal -- and it's a good idea to keep those
parts as fresh as possible.  M