Re: [Tigers] New record Tiger sale

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New record Tiger sale
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:42:04 -0400
I can only hope that the winning bidder knew exactly what he was bidding on,
had already done his research on the genuine Hollywood Sports Car racer ( it
wouldn't have been too hard - it was in Santa Rosa two months ago), and REALLY
had to have this very car.

If I can translate what the auction company wrote in their description into
terms that mean something to experienced Tiger people (us),  this new owner
paid about three times the value of a survivor Tiger and a little more than
double what Dale A. would restore a Tiger for.

As for someone having built a 'tribute' HSC racer, I think the UK's Julian
Balme's
clone is much closer in spirit.

Again, I really hope this person knew what he was getting upfront.