Re: [Tigers] Tiger Panel Switch Question

To: Ross <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Panel Switch Question
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:30:19 -0400
Maybe Mine isn't an original part; I've owned the car for only 34 of its 43
years. Until recently I wouldn't have known the difference, and I'm pretty
sure the prior owner(s) didn't care judging by the car's condition when I
found it.

That said, the Instrument panel light switch on my Mark 2 looks like a
single pole version of the headlight switch. That is, it's physically the
same size but the top second connector isn't there. Two red wires connect at
the top, one red / white wire connects at the bottom, the center point is
unused. The switch has three positions.

Rick shows part number ES-60 for the Mark 5 Panel switch. The picture is as
Smitty describes, a smaller switch (No number listed for the Tiger...). He
shows ES-50 for the Lights switch. The panel switch I have looks to be
physically the same size as the ES-50 switch, but is missing the second
connector at the top.

So, first I suspect it doesn't matter, second I'd guess the bigger switch
was maybe a GT part, or what Rootes had on the shelf at the time.

Tom
' 67 Mark 2 being reassembled in the garage...