[Tigers] T-5 trans stuff

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] T-5 trans stuff
From: spmdr@juno.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:53:45 -0700
Having a few years of playing with T-5s, I have some comments on the
Modern Driveline article.

Based On the several trips to the wrecking yards, IF the early T-5s
"should use 70 wt oil" there are a LOT of somebodies putting ATF in
them!!!

I have rarely seen other than ATF in a T-5, ANY T-5!

AND early articles have mentioned the ATF INTENT for low drag properties,
as well as the ORIGINAL use for the T-5 NOT being with a V8.

That is NOT to say the ATF plan was a good one, with a V8...

But, using ATF in an early T-5 is certainly NOT the end of the world!

Some rebuilders recommend engine oil. As far as I am concerned, it's a
CYA deal!

Other statements in the article are arguable but the basic info is there,
more or less.

  "T-5s forever"

    DW
Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance