Re: [Tigers] Seat Tracks & Frames

To: Joe Parlanti <Parlanti@comcast.net>, Tiger List Serve
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Seat Tracks & Frames
From: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:03:44 -0700 (PDT)
Joe
Your article is excellent - thanks for taking the time to complete.

All
So here is what I have learned, please correct if I do not have something
right.

Seat Tracks
    Alpine Series IV and newer - all tigers, seat tracks
are the same, left and
right are different.

Seat Back Frames
    Seat back
frames are the same for Series II through Series 5 Alpines or
Tigers, left
and right are different.

Seat Bottom Frames
    Early seat frames used a
rubber strap type which hooked directly to the
frame up to some point in the
MK1A time frame.  My car, B382002193, should use
the rubber diaphragm, by all
calculations - so I gather that the 'bottom' frame
is different than the one
that uses the rubber straps
    Crossover point for MK1A & MKII tigers used a
rubber diaphragm type.  So I
gather these would NOT have holes to fit the
rubber straps?  Does anyone have
any good pictures, which would show the
differences between rubber strap version
version later diaphragm type?
Thanks
Joel Martin