Re: [Tigers] K motor parts

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] K motor parts
From: rab65tiger@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:23:56 -0400
 The hipo (and the difficult to locate 302 Mexican block) has main caps that
remain the same thickness  (width) from all the way, the standard 289/ 302
main caps reduce in thickness a little above where they attach to the block.
The early blocks (think up to 1972) are cast a little different than roller
blocks, and utilize more metal where the main caps bolt into block.  Claims
are made about higher nickel content in hipo and mexican blocks for added
strength, do not know if that is accurate.  Hipo type caps can be retrofitted
to other blocks with machine work to align the crank bore.

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/hipocaps-repro.html    has reproduction hipo
main caps, also others make beefier main caps (Milodon ?)

Randy B