Re: [Tigers] =?utf-8?q?Tiger_Handling?=

To: "=?utf-8?B?Um9iIEd1ZXJyYQ==?=" <bomber44@comcast.net>,CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] =?utf-8?q?Tiger_Handling?=
From: "=?utf-8?B?c3Bvb2swMUBjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:56:17 -0500
Que mucho?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Rob Guerra" <bomber44@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, Aug 28, 2010 13:33
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Handling
To: <CoolVT@aol.com>
Cc: <tigers@autox.team.net>

Well let me chime in here with an alternative.... Normally items like a quick
rack, different sway bars, stiffer springs, trussed crossmembers, and MG racks
all improve the handling but never solve all the problems inherent in the
tigers design and I had all of them in my car.

I recently installed Dales newest designed front end.  It is a entirely new
crossmember, rack, coil over shocks, nascar style sway bar with adjustable
links, and big Wilwood brakes all in a BOLT IN design.  The new crossmember
all but eliminates bump steer, ackerman angle problems, and tracking issues.
The upper and lower A-arms are fully adjustable for track width, camber, and
caster. The adjustable coil over shocks all ride height,  and rebound
adjustment changes.  You can easily dial in a soft shock setting for a
leisurely drive to the track, reach down and dial in a stiffer setting for the
track / autocross  and then back again if you choose.  Sway bar adjustments
are almost that easy too. I don't know of anyone who would complain about
having more braking in their car either, the large 11.75" vented discs and 4
piston calipers make slowing the car almost effortless and reassuring. I have
had to "re-tune" my driving now.  At my first autocross with this new front
end installed I would hit my normal breaking zone and then find myself having
to accelerate again just to get to the corner.  Those brakes allowed me to
drive deeper into the corner and slow faster than I ever could previously.

The car drives dramatically different... easy to steer and tracks like a
dream.  It drives and handles like a late model sports car now.  I am really
impressed with his design and how well it works, and everyone who drives my
car agrees.

If you really want to unlock the potential of the car, you might consider this
new crossmember design and remember you can allows unbolt it and return the
car to stock configuration.

Rob