Re: [Tigers] K motor Block and Crank

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] K motor Block and Crank
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:26:41 -0700
Thanks John.  Seems a HiPo crank and an Alger potentially have something in
common.  The 5 bolt 289 in my Tiger was "purported" to have been a HiPo.
However, the balancer and the heads tell a different story. It definitely
does not have a standard cam. It's a solid lifter , with .460/280-ish
numbers. At the time I was using zero to zero for the duration measurement
instead of .006 and .050 (didn't know better). The zero to zero measurements
were a little over 300 duration.

 Anyway, that cam is probably where the HiPo terminology was erroneously
applied to my motor.  Not an issue, I was expecting a 260 so I did get a
little "bonus."

Tom